Is being a Financial Advisor worth it?

The Origin Story of "The Suited Advisor"


I remember back in college (UST Eng) we had a class on theology and our professor was teaching us a lesson about how the world easily influences our actions and decisions. She made us form a huge circle inside the classroom while sitting down on our armchairs...
how it looked like

After forming a circle, she then proceeded to encourage us to throw pieces of paper and candy wrappers in the middle. Everyone started throwing their trash and I pondered a bit while holding out my own trash in hand...

I asked myself these questions:
1. “Gagawin ko ba ito dahil lang sinabi ng iba?
(Will I do this just because someone told me to?)
2. “Gagawin ko ba ito dahil lang ginagawa rin ng iba?
(Will I do this just because other’s are doing it too?)
After thinking, I stood up, went towards the middle, and started picking up the garbage that was piling up in the middle. I picked it up one by one. They keep throwing while I was in the middle of picking up the trash from the floor. Some were laughing. 😓



At that moment I realized:
▶ I want to do things differently. Out of the norm and standards imposed by others.
▶ It will be a painful experience to hear judgements and criticism.
▶ Some people might jeopardize my success.
But I also realized at the end of the day...

✅ No matter how hard it is, I can choose to live my life on my own terms.
✅ No one can tell me of my capabilities but myself.
✅ People might have a different perspective and it’s okay. They have their own journey.
✅ As long as I don’t step on others to be successful then I am being authentic to myself and compassionate to others.
And so with that in mind from then on out, my mentality is to foster collective growth. To build a community that aims to collaborate with one another for personal and professional growth to better their lives.
This mindset brought me to ENTREPRENEURSHIP and INVESTMENTS.
“Entrepreneurship is not about earning a lot. It is the ability to live the lifestyle I desire with the money to enjoy it.” - Brien Ordiales
I started learning about Stock Market Investing 📚📈 and shifted my career into the Financial Services sector. I wanted to help people so I figured why not earn while helping others? 🤝 The good thing being a Financial Advisor with knowledge about the stock market is that you can actually incorporate it to make better advice to clients.
⚡⚡⚡ I created 2 simple strategies for my clients to implement when they engage with my services particularly the ones with investments (VUL & Mutual Fund). These strategies allows my clients to better manage their risks on these securities while optimizing returns. This also prevents clients to be worried against sudden downturns. With more than 100+ clients, none of them were worried during the Covid-19 stock market drop. (March 17, 2020)


When I came into the business, my initial goal was to earn 100k in a month. I figured that was a number not too safe coming from a 25,000 monthly income and pagpapawisan ako pag inisip ko 😅 I forgot about this goal and I just thought that if I grow myself enough, the income would follow. That was a principle I learned from Jim Rohn, “Your income doesn’t outgrow your self-image”. It means I have to ask myself “Who do I need to become?” so that the results will just come because i’m prepared and already deserving of it.
I did hit that 100k goal within a year but only lately realized it when I was backtracking 😆
This is the reason why I backtracked...


highest income in one month so far


After 2 years, I hit my 300k in a month income. I didn’t expect to earn so much in a noble profession that aims to help Filipinos achieve financial security. No gimmicks, No misleading products, just pure intent of preserving the way of life of Filipinos in need.
The good thing about my career is that it allowed me to break so many barriers in my life where I thought couldn’t be possible. I plucked every ounce of courage I have continuously to keep going out of my comfort zones. It was not easy to achieve milestones in my career, but as I have been recently promoted as a Unit Manager, this time I have to think about the success of my advisors as well.
Now that I am a Unit Manager, it’s not about me anymore.
Life Mission: To transform ordinary people into leaders of their own right by living a life of purpose and significance.



If you think this career is for you, take that leap of faith and message me!



▶ you can contact me at: Phone: +63 919 068 3860 / +63 975 551 6807 Email: brienphilip.m.ordiales@sunlife.com.ph Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/brienordiales/ Facebook Personal Profile: https://www.facebook.com/bpordiales/ Instagram: www.instagram.com/brienordiales & www.instagram.com/thesuitedadvisor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OISHI SNACKTACULAR 2019:
A nostalgic and timeless feeling