Ilocos Tour (Day1: Part 1)

PAOAY, ILOCOS NORTE

Last month I was able to unwind from all the stress and gloomy environment at work. Despite only planning a few days before the trip, we pushed through it with enthusiasm. I was excited to do things I have never done before. The spontaneous being in me is always happy on occasions like this. So here we go!




Our first stop is Paoay, Ilocos Norte.


Hitting off La Paz Sand Dunes under the blazing hot sun. (At right: Salvi Hermano)




Sandboarding requires core balance for you to properly traverse downhill.
It is advised to try to sit backwards whenever you get wobbly and never-EVER-get off the board while it is still moving.








Even got to try driving the 4x4 truck for a while(which was amazing)--glad I brought my license with me. A bit clunky and unusual way of shifting gears but nevertheless, great experience going through small slopes near the sandboarding spots.








Next stop, Malacaรฑang of the North(or Malacaรฑang ti Amianan, as the locals refer to it), has a rich history with it's background dating back to the late president marcos' regime. It became open to the public in 2011 as a museum which showcases our past besides it's intricately designed architectures.




At the entrance



The view from inside was spectacular.......


You'll get the feeling of travelling back through time when you pass by the artworks, interiors, chandeliers, and the stunning overlooking
view of Paoay Lake. 


It's not everyday that you get to see a piece of our past so
it's a must that you visit this place.









The view of Paoay Lake makes you contemplate on things...... I guess?





Of course we wouldn't miss Saint Augustine Church or commonly known as "Paoay Church".





These massive column-like buttresses supporting Paoay Church at it's sides and back are for earthquakes. Known for it's so-called "Earthquake Baroque" Architecture by it's unique design while adapting to
the country's seismic conditions.




buttresses at the sides of paoay church




Had a tiring but great morning-afternoon at these places. Now, it's time to relax and cool down at Vitalis, Ilocos Sur. Be sure to check out Day1: Part 2 when I post it! Will dedicate it purely for Vitalis because believe me when I say.... It has a LOT to offer.



casting shadows




--


Follow me on Instagram: @bpordiales
Add me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bpordiales
Contact me on my email: brien_ordiales@yahoo.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OISHI SNACKTACULAR 2019:
A nostalgic and timeless feeling